1.23.2012

A new beginning

     Writing is the best medium for self-expression. The spoken word vanishes, subsumed immediately by its effect (a la Austen). But the words that I commit to today's blog will be read for years by an audience wider than I can now fathom. This is the beautiful reality of the Internet search engine.
     I also want to become a writer. Paid. I'm going to try to use this opportunity, combined with a lot of hard work and perseverance, to develop something akin to a portfolio. Of course, I'll have to be much more careful with my words than I've been in the past. Let's get started.

2 comments:

  1. Like! Also, I really like the picture for this post as well as those along the blog archive. Heck, I like all your pictures: The background is great, too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, OkieChic! You rock!

    ReplyDelete